Nov 5, 2014

What is a failure? Should we fear it?

I would like to share with you something that just happened to me. I really thought an opportunity I got a month ago is the first step toward sharing my passion and connecting with likeminded. I was sooo happy; finally I gathered courage to proactively reach out and made my first step toward my dream.

Do you know the saying: If it looks too good, it probably is ... Well in this case they were right. I felt pretty stupid opening my heart really wide, investing my time and energy. I started to question everything and the feeling I am stuck, together with apathy and depression came crawling back again.

After some dwelling on it for a while, feeling really disappointed, something in me said STOP. Yes, it happened, it was not fair, but if I learn something from it for the next time, it was not a failure. Learn the lesson and get it over with. Go forward.

I really like the quote from Thomas A. Edison that embodies this so well:

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”


And so did I. I just found the one way that won't work. I just need to try something else.

Realizing that failure is part of success and that all successful people failed at some point in their life took some drama from what happened to me. The difference that made these successful people successful was in their reaction to the failure. They took the failure as a lesson, not a failure, and just proceeded on pursuing their dream. They believed it can be done one way or another.


“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” - Henry Ford


“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill


I don't think any more I failed, because I gained something from this too. I shouldn't give up; I should not be afraid trying new directions. I should not be afraid of failing again.


“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” - Paulo Coelho


I must continue trying new paths, new ideas. I should keep reaching out to likeminded. Yes I might fail again but failing is just part of the journey.

If I don't do anything, I can expect nothing.


If you feel down as I did, know, it is all in a perspective you choose. What you believe will become the truth for you. Agree?





No comments:

Post a Comment