Sep 29, 2014

Do I know my talents, skills and passions?

How well do we really know ourselves? To be honest, my days are full of things I have to do: wake up children, prepare breakfast, take them to school, go to work, take care of afternoon children activities, prepare dinner, help kids with school work, do house work and not to forget feed the cat.

These are the things I have to do, but I do not necessary enjoy all of them. Often I just fall in to the bed in the evening and then I am surprised, why my batteries are flashing red. This is why I decided to accept Scott Dinsmore Blog Challenge. I want to challenge myself, to stop for a second and to start really  listening that little voice in me, my true me, what she would like to do, what her needs and her wants are. Not because I have to, but because I want to.

Day #3 of Scott Dinsmore Blog Challenge is to think about what do people thank me for? The point of this question is to give some thought to the ways I help people with my talents, skills and passions. Another way to look at it is "What do I love helping people with," or "What would I be happy and excited to help others with even if I didn't get paid?

This is what came to my mind:

  •  I try to put my best in to the work I am doing (as long as I believe in things I am doing) and try to do my best the first time around. This often positively surprises people. My grandmother thought me to do the things right the first time around or don’t bother doing them at all and I listened.
  • Being attentive and considerate, taking time for people, to listen and help.
  • For people I love I like preparing surprises, something special, personal, something they do not expect. I love putting smiles to people’s faces, see their eyes shine, making them feel good about themselves.
  •  I love to say thanks a lot and I do it with a sincere smile and a good wish for a great day to them. I want people to know, that I do appreciate them, their effort, even for a smallest every day’s things.
  •  I love helping people or at least encourage them to progress in what they feel passionate about.
  • Communication, specially written one (at least in my native language). If in real situations I am often not sure how to react, what to say, with writing, I can find all right words and can feel them with emotions. 
  • I let children’s friends to play around our house for hours and empty our refrigerator. J
  • My children thank me for great birthday parties, reading books, for little surprises and for really listening to them.
  • Being positive and help others to see positive sides of things.
  • Motivate people.
  • Speak for those who can not / know not how / dare not to.
  • Help by educating.
When I started to think about the things people thank me for, what I like helping people with I thought this will be quite a challenge. Once I started to write pictures started rolling in my head. I actually feel my batteries filled a little just thinking about this. Great challenge, I recommend it.
Thank you Scott challenging me to stop talking and start listening to myself. I feel damn good right now. J

I wish you all a great day. My already is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment