Sep 25, 2014

Now is all I really have

“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.” Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

Sometimes things happen in life. Things that are a big reminder, how fragile life can be and the only thing certain we have is only NOW.

This morning we went to express our sincere condolences to a coworker, who lost her brother. He was 36, he was to be married this weekend. His friend an experienced pilot offered him a gift, a panoramic flight that would take him to the bachelor party. The pilot, the groom, the best man and a friend got in to the plain and something went terribly wrong. During the take off, the plain crashed and immediately burned in flames. The groom, his best man and the pilot were dead. And if this is not enough, the best men was engaged to be married to bride's sister. Instead of going to the wedding, they all went to the funerals.

There are no words for this. Why? Why? Why? We will never know, never understand, why.

I called my mom today, to tell her, how much I love her. I gave my son and a husband a specially big and long hug. I thought of all the people in my life I love, but, in everyday running here and there, doing things that seem sooooo important, don't really find the time to enjoy their company. Somehow I take them for granted as they will be all there for ever as will I. The sad fact is, if I am not here tomorrow, everyone including my boss will find replacement for me in heartbeat, but my family and friends will not.  I do not know, why this logical realization heat me by surprise.

If now is all I have, what will i do with it? And what will I do, not to forget this in everyday life? All good ideas welcomed.



No comments:

Post a Comment